There is no specific theme for this online hackathon - the goal is to create new programs and apps to solve various end-user related issue in any area/industry
This TRL Fall Online Hackathon is defined very broadly:
- Hacking is creative problem solving. (It can be in any industry)
- The event duration (see details below) will be 48 hours from 10AM of October 1st through 10AM of October 3rd where people can (individuals and/or groups) collaborate online to solve problems.
- For this online hackathon, all topics and ideas are welcome
- Application to participate and all forms and important links will be provided through the www.therocketlounge.com/hackathon
There is no specific program as all collaboation happens online and judging of all projects happen online as well.
$2,500 in prizes
TRL Prizes (2)
> SCENIC FLIGHT FOR 2 SPONSORED BY PARAGON FLIGHT (1 HOUR - www.paragonflight.com)
> PARTICIPATION IN THE NEXT TRL PITCH EVENT (1-3 projects/startups may be chosen)
Free Class at the Cyber Training Center of CyberSecurity Defense Corp
1) individuals over 18 years of age
2) teams including up to 4 people
There are three standard requirements from every project:
- Business model canvas (standard form will be provided to fill out)
- 5 slide standard presentation (5 standard slides will be provided with every slide of defined content)
- Submit the hyperlink (wherever your code is) of your source code (and canvas plus prezi in a zip file) through DevPost (trl-fall-hackathon-2016.devpost.com) but make sure that it is publicly accessible
How to enter
The registration form accessible through www.therocketlounge.com/hackathon to fill out by every participants (even if come as part of a team):
- Email address
- Job title
- What is the name of your team you are a part of?
- Are you new to hackathons?
- What kind of hacker are you? (Examples: Developer. Designer. Data Scientist. Domain Expert. Government Staff. Communicator. Project Manager. Advocate.)
- What are you interested in hacking on? (free form question)
- How did you hear about the event
- Special needs/requests
Andy Crossen, PhD